[Gluster-users] [Nfs-ganesha-devel] Questions on ganesha HA and shared storage size

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 12:27:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would actually prefer that we solve the issue with using the unbundled
libntirpc. That seems like the better long term solution, and one we
have to tackle anyway as we have a hard end date for using the bundled
libntirpc in Fedora and EPEL.

In the mean time I've reverted the EPEL 7 build (and perhaps the Fedora
Rawhide build too) to use the bundled lib. Packages will land in Fedora
and EPEL after a nominal testing period. Or you can get them sooner by
enabling the Updates-Testing repo in
/etc/yum.repos.d/{fedora-updates-testing,epel-testing}.repo

Kaleb

On 06/16/2015 07:57 PM, Malahal Naineni wrote:
> Thank you Niels for your time to chase the issue. It is important to
> have working files as people try, and "move on" if things don't work.
> Not everyone is as persistent as Alessandro!
>
> Regards, Malahal.
>
> Niels de Vos [ndevos at redhat.com] wrote:
>>>
>>> If I understood the issue, he wasn't even using gluster FSAL (he wasn't
>>> using any exports at all). His issue is probably unrelated to any
>>> gluster API changes.
>>
>> It seems that un-bunding the libntirpc causes this problem. Bisecting
>> the NFS-Ganesha package builds for the epel7 branch show this. Also,
>> re-bundling the libntirpc package makes nfs-ganesha-2.2.0 work again. I
>> do not know yet where the actual problem is, maybe the libntirpc package
>> in Fedora/EPEL does not work correctly, or there are some linker changes
>> needed for NFS-Ganesha to build against the non-bundled libntirpc.
>>
>> I've only tested on CentOS-7 for now. Maybe the Fedora 22 libntirpc and
>> nfs-ganesha packages have the same problem?
>>
>> In case someone cares, this is my patch against the current epel7
>> nfs-ganesha.spec: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/232837/44926521/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Niels

Kaleb