[Gluster-users] [Nfs-ganesha-devel] Questions on ganesha HA and shared storage size

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 22:47:51 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Malahal Naineni" <malahal at us.ibm.com>
>
> PS: there were some efforts to make ntirpc as an rpm by itself. Not sure where
> that is.

google[1] will tell you that libntirpc is in fact a stand-alone package in Fedora and EPEL, and as you can see at [2] it's even available for EPEL7

But note that nfs-ganesha in EPEL[67] is built with a) glusterfs-api-3.6.x from Red Hat's "downstream" glusterfs, and b) the "bundled" static version of ntirpc, not the shared lib in the stand-along package above. If you're trying to use these packages with glusterfs-3.7.x then I guess I'm not too surprised if something isn't working. Look for nfs-ganesha packages built against glusterfs-3.7.x in the CentOS Storage SIG or watch for the same on download.gluster.org. They're not there yet, but they will be eventually.

Another thing to note is that the Fedora and EPEL builds of nfs-ganesha do not use the nfs-ganesha.spec.cmake.in spec file from the nfs-ganesha source tree. It is based on it, but it's not the same, for a number of reasons.

I'll look at the EPEL nfs-ganesha when I have time. I do have a $dayjob, which takes priority over wrangling the community bits in Fedora and EPEL. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

[1] https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fedora+koji+libntirpc
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=20199

--

Kaleb