[Gluster-users] Replicated with bricks of different sizes

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Sun Jun 14 23:15:53 UTC 2015

We are/were running a simple 1x2 replica volume and have had a major
failure on one of our gluster servers. We want to create a new replica,
at least for the time being, but don't have another available server
with sufficient drive space. Working on the assumption that we will not
increase the disk usage, and will therefore not get anywhere near the
capacity of the smaller server's drives, is it safe to create a replica
using mismatched brick sizes? Will gluster even allow that?

regards,
John