[Gluster-users] Support for SLES 11 SP3

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 14:28:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 09:33:17AM -0400, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 06/03/2015 03:34 AM, Morrison, Gerald wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I do not find rpms for SLES 11 SP3 in the download section for 3.7
> >anymore. Does this mean there will be no packages for SLES 11 SP3 at
> >all? Will you continue to deliver patches for SLES 11 SP3 for version 3.6?
>
> Hi,
>
> SLES11SP3 doesn't have, or doesn't have new enough versions of several
> packages necessary to build 3.7.x.
>
> I have every expectation that the Gluster Community will continue to provide
> 3.6.x packages for SLES11SP3.

And, if you (or anyone else) have an interest in helping with the
packaging/building versions for SLES, you would be very welcome! The
packages on download.gluster.org are build by volunteers, and doing that
for different distributions with multiple versions and architectures is
quite some work.

Thanks,
Niels