[Gluster-users] Client load high (300) using fuse mount

Mitja Mihelič mitja.mihelic at arnes.si
Mon Jun 1 11:11:13 UTC 2015

Hi!

I am trying to set up a Wordpress cluster using GlusterFS used for
storage. Web nodes will access the same Wordpress install on a volume
mounted via FUSE from a 3 peer GlusterFS TSP.

I started with one web node and Wordpress on local storage. The load
average was constantly about 5. iotop showed about 300kB/s disk reads or
less. The load average was below 6.

When I mounted the GlusterFS volume to the web node the 1min load
average went over 300. Each of the 3 peers is transmitting about 10MB/s
to my web node regardless of the load.
TSP peers are on 10Gbit NICs and the web node is on a 1Gbit NIC.

I'm out of ideas here... Could it be the network?
What should I look at for optimizing the network stack on the client?

Options set on TSP:
Options Reconfigured:
performance.cache-size: 4GB
network.ping-timeout: 15
cluster.quorum-type: auto
network.remote-dio: on
cluster.eager-lock: on
performance.stat-prefetch: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.quick-read: off
performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 4
performance.io-thread-count: 32
nfs.disable: on

Regards, Mitja

Mitja Mihelič
ARNES, Tehnološki park 18, p.p. 7, SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
tel: +386 1 479 8877, fax: +386 1 479 88 78