[Gluster-users] Replace a failed disk in Distributed Disperse Volume

Mohamed Pakkeer mdfakkeer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:33:31 UTC 2015

Hi Gluster Experts,

How to replace the failed disk on the same mount point in distributed
disperse volume? I am following the below steps to replace the disk.

1. Kill the PID of the failed disk
2. unmount the drive
3. insert , format and mount the new drive on the same failed drive mount
point
4. start the volume by force.

Is this right approach to replace the failed drive?. After replacing the
failed brick using above steps, pro active self healing is not working for
creating unavailable data chunks from the available disks to new disk. I am
using glusterfs 3.7.2 version.

I am not able to find any proper documentation to replace the disk on same
mount point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Backer