[Gluster-users] Updates on Gluster.org website

André Bauer abauer at magix.net
Fri Jul 10 17:05:14 UTC 2015

Hi @ all,

i would realy like to see, that gluster.org website would be updated a
bit more frequently. For me its realy hard to keep up with gluster,
without reading the mailing list, whats not exactly what i want.

1.) If somebody opens http://www.gluster.org/ it seems version 3.5.4 ist
the current version.

2.) If http://www.gluster.org/news/ is opened what you see is:
- "Looking for a Gluster Community Manager"
- "GlusterFS v3.7.0 is available"

No word about Gluster 3.7.2 or Gluster 3.5.5.

3.) The "Planet Gluster news" is to much offtopic for me. Sure, running
is fun (at least for some ;-) ) but i dont think its the right place to
talk about "A Year Of Running" on the gluster site.

Also some other tech topics seem to be far away from gluster topic.

Before i used the old documentation and looked through recent changes to
see whats going on but imho this is not longer possible with the new
documentation system.

Imho the Elasticsearch guys doing a great job keeping the commuinity
updated. Have a look at their blog: https://www.elastic.co/blog

Would love to have a "This week in gluster" post, which shows me whats
going on.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work :-)

Regards
André