[Gluster-users] How to regenerate all metadata with brick content

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Tue Jul 7 05:37:37 UTC 2015

Hello Geoffrey,

If gluster dev couldn't fix it, I would go the dumb way:

   1. Remove the 2 replicated brick
   2. Reset these 2 bricks using new uuid/volumes (like if they were just
   installed)
   3. rsync data directly from current nodes to this new 2 nodes cluster
   4. reset the 2 remaining bricks
   5. setup them to replicate the others one.

If you are installing 3.7.2, all clients should be updated before

Using fuse (native gluster protocol/client), load is pushed on clients
(they write to both replica). So they have to be tuned too.

just my 2cents on how I would try to resolve this issue

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr