[Gluster-users] How to regenerate all metadata with brick content

Geoffrey Letessier geoffrey.letessier at cnrs.fr
Tue Jul 7 04:43:00 UTC 2015

Dear all,

We are currently in a very critical situation because all our scientific production in our computing center is stopped since more than a week for maintenance (because of metadata "corruption"), I tried some scripts provided my GlusterFS support team with no effect and I can not continue in this way.

So,I wonder if it exists a way to regenerate all bricks metadata (.glusterfs directories) after having remove ".glusterfs" directory on each brick (probably after having upgraded GlusterFS from v3.5.3 to v3.7.2)

Your volume is distributed and replicated on 4 servers with 2 bricks each (i.e. distributed on 2 servers and replicated on the 2 others). My volume is not stripped

In addition, because my the past I noticed a lot of performance issue, probably because some users play with a big files and some others with a lot (thousands, hundreds of thousands nay more) small files (hundreds of kB), could you advice me about how to best tune the volume with performance parameters?

Thanks in advance,
Geoffrey
Geoffrey Letessier
Responsable informatique & ingénieur système
UPR 9080 - CNRS - Laboratoire de Biochimie Théorique
Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique
13, rue Pierre et Marie Curie - 75005 Paris
Tel: 01 58 41 50 93 - eMail: geoffrey.letessier at ibpc.fr