[Gluster-users] Expanding a replicated volume

M S Vishwanath Bhat msvbhat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:51:12 UTC 2015

On 2 July 2015 at 18:35, Sjors Gielen <sjors at sjorsgielen.nl> wrote:

>> At this point, /local/glustertest/stor1 is still filled on mallorca, and
>> empty on hawaii (except for .glusterfs). Here is the actual question: how
>> do I sync the contents of the two?
>>

> I found another way:  by doing a `du -hc /stor1` on mallorca, all files
> instantly appear on hawaii as well. Bizarrely, this only works when running
> `du` as root on Mallorca; running it as another user does give the correct
> output but does not make the files appear on Hawaii.

AFAIK there are two ways you can trigger the self-heal

1. Use the gluster CLI "heal" command. I'm not sure why it didn't work for
you and needs to be investigated.

2. Running 'stat' on files on gluster volume mountpoint, So if you run stat
on the entire mountpoint, the files should be properly synced across all
the replica bricks.

*my two cents*

Cheers,
Vishwanath