[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster Docker images are available at docker hub

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 04:09:13 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 12:31 PM, Humble Devassy Chirammal wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Docker images of GlusterFS 3.6 for Fedora ( 21) and CentOS  (7) are now
> available at docker hub ( https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/gluster/ ).
> These images can be used to deploy GlusterFS  containers.
>
> The blog entry at planet.gluster.org [1] have details about how these
> images can be used.
>
> Please let me know if you have any comments/feedback/questions.
>
> [1] Building GlusterFS in a docker container @ planet.gluster.org
> [2] http://humblec.com/building-glusterfs-in-a-docker-container/
Hi Humble,

As discussed yesterday, post daemon refactoring we generate UUID at the
the time of glusterD init and this has caused an issue in bringing
multiple docker containers as UUIDs will be same across different
containers since yum install brings up glusterd and persist the
information in /var/lib/glusterd.info. To make this work for docker
containers could you add a line just after the installation steps in
Dockerfile?

rm -rf /var/lib/glusterd/glusterd.info

I could not find a way to send a pull request on this.

~Atin

> --Humble

~Atin