[Gluster-users] Replace brick 3.4.2 with 3.6.2?

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Tue Feb 24 21:45:52 UTC 2015

Hi Aytac,

Thanks for the reply but none of it answers my question. Nevertheless,
what's wrong with simply upgrading the nodes? Your suggested method
sounds extremely dangerous and not something I would ever contemplate
for a production system, even if we did have that kind of storage space
and nodes just lying around unused (we definitely do not). I also don't
understand what you mean by "While your volume size decreases on 3.4.0
cluster, you can unmount 3.4.0 members from cluster". Making a copy
doesn't alter the size of the original.

Please also note that I have already stated that we are locked in with
the client version and cannot upgrade them. That's controlled by Red
Hat, not us.

regards,
John