[Gluster-users] Issue with storage access when brick goes down

L, Sridhar (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) sridhar.l at nokia.com
Mon Dec 7 17:27:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am running gluster storage in distributed replicated mode. When one of the brick (host) goes offline, operations on the file system by the client will hang for a while and resumes after sometime. I searched and found that operations hang for the period set in network.ping-timeout.
Can anyone explain me why the client operations will hang even though the other brick is available with all the data?

Regards,
Sridhar L