[Gluster-users] Issue with storage access when brick goes down

Bipin Kunal bkunal at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 03:15:12 UTC 2015

I assume that this is because the host which went down is even the host
which is used for mounting client.

Suppose there are 2 host. Host1 and Host2. And client is mounted as
mount -t glusterfs host1:brick1 /mnt

In this case if host1 goes down, client will wait till network ping timeout
before it starts accessing volume using other host(host2).

So I think this is expected behaviour.

Thanks,
Bipin Kunal