[Gluster-users] geo-replication master is distributed-replicated, slave is distributed only?

Christian Rice crice at pandora.com
Fri Aug 21 18:16:40 UTC 2015

I’d like to have a distributed-replicated master volume, and distributed-only slave.

Can this be done?  Just beginning the research, but so far I’ve only done geo-replication with distributed-only volumes.  Tips/caveats on this kind architecture are welcome.

The rationale is straightforward—the master volume should be able to stay available with all data when suffering a node loss, but the geo-replicated volumes can be taken offline for repairs and resync as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Christian