[Gluster-users] [RfC] proposed changes to the weekly news letter

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 10:00:33 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:23:35PM +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 09:58:03AM +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> >> <https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/mock-gluster-weekly-news> is a set of
> >> changes - introduction of more sections (to have a larger group of
> >> contributors/editors); a new template (includes download, outreach and
> >> so forth URLs)
> >
> > Thanks for the ideas! I've added some notes and references in the
> > etherpad too.
>
> Thank you. Essentially, I am looking at understanding the following
> (in no particular order)
>
> (+) is this form of the template useful to have
> (+) can we use this template to have multiple contributors for the
> various sections
>
> If the feedback is "yes/sort of", can we seek more volunteer contributors?

Yes, I think this should work and allows multiple contributors without
issues.

> The pondering about the Twitter handle(s)/IRC nick was around whether
> it would make sense to add one/both so as to make readers aware and
> familiar with the individuals and their social presence. So, a line
> like "Atin indicates that the "failed after update on centos 7"
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/21924
> could actually be a split-brain issue and suggests a recovery path"
> would include Atin's Twitter handle or, IRC nick in parentheses.

Ah, right, I see. For that a list like "Who is Who" would be be
sufficient. Not sure where to keep that list though. I guess listing
contributors on the website would be nice, and someone already proposed
something like that IIRC.

> I am not familiar with which page on the new docs page has the
> features link. The section is proposed to be added so as to highlight
> a clear feature path to any readers of the weekly news. My general
> assumption is that acquiring more and new readers is an implied goal.
> The FB and other social media presence is available in the "Get in
> Touch" section at the end.

Ok, sounds good!

> Does the project have any "Easy Fix" bugs we can view via a query and
> thus encourage new contributors to take a look at?

Yes, see
http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Developer-guide/Easy%20Fix%20Bugs

Thanks,
Niels