[Gluster-users] [RfC] proposed changes to the weekly news letter

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 06:53:35 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 09:58:03AM +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
>> <https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/mock-gluster-weekly-news> is a set of
>> changes - introduction of more sections (to have a larger group of
>> contributors/editors); a new template (includes download, outreach and
>> so forth URLs)
>
> Thanks for the ideas! I've added some notes and references in the
> etherpad too.

Thank you. Essentially, I am looking at understanding the following
(in no particular order)

(+) is this form of the template useful to have
(+) can we use this template to have multiple contributors for the
various sections

If the feedback is "yes/sort of", can we seek more volunteer contributors?

The pondering about the Twitter handle(s)/IRC nick was around whether
it would make sense to add one/both so as to make readers aware and
familiar with the individuals and their social presence. So, a line
like "Atin indicates that the "failed after update on centos 7"
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/21924
could actually be a split-brain issue and suggests a recovery path"
would include Atin's Twitter handle or, IRC nick in parentheses.

I am not familiar with which page on the new docs page has the
features link. The section is proposed to be added so as to highlight
a clear feature path to any readers of the weekly news. My general
assumption is that acquiring more and new readers is an implied goal.
The FB and other social media presence is available in the "Get in
Touch" section at the end.

Does the project have any "Easy Fix" bugs we can view via a query and
thus encourage new contributors to take a look at?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>