[Gluster-users] Samba VFS Gluster plugin PPA for Ubuntu Trusty available

Mayur Patel mike_mayur at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:30:37 UTC 2015

2014 19:31:01 MEZ, John Mark Walker <johnmark <at> gluster.org> wrote:
> If someone wants to put this on their blog, I'll make sure to syndicate on
gluster.org. Hint, hint... ;)-JM----- Original Message ----- On 03/25/2014
02:52 PM, André Bauer wrote: Am 25.03.2014 04:40, schrieb Lalatendu Mohanty:
Yes, Gluster server and Samba server can be on different servers.
Theoretically this should work. I think I have seen some mails/configuration
 from community around it. In my test set-up, I had kept gluster and Samba
on same server and haven't tried gluster and Samba on different servers till
now.
>  Thanks. I found the needed smb.con configuration option yesterday. Just
wrote all together in the
ppa:https://launchpad.net/~monotek/+archive/samba-vfs-glusterfs

>  Awesome! :) Thanks. Gluster-users mailing list Gluster-users <at>
gluster.orghttp://supercolony.gluster.org/mailman/listinfo/gluster-users

I am getting below error message when trying to install
samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7 on ubuntu 14.04.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7'

And because of above there is below entry in Samba log.

Error loading module '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/glusterfs.so':
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/glusterfs.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

Kind regards,
Mayur Patel

Please help.