[Gluster-users] Samba VFS Gluster plugin PPA for Ubuntu Trusty available

André Bauer abauer at magix.net
Mon Aug 24 12:54:34 UTC 2015

Do you already have added my ppa?

https://launchpad.net/~monotek/+archive/ubuntu/samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7

This is needed because Samba version of Ubuntu has no GlusterFS Support.

Regards
André

Am 06.08.2015 um 11:30 schrieb Mayur Patel:
> André Bauer <abauer at ...> writes:
>

>> Ok, Seems i need to create a blog tomorrow :D
>> IMHO you could also link to the ppa... No plan to remove it...On 25. März
> 2014 19:31:01 MEZ, John Mark Walker <johnmark <at> gluster.org> wrote:
>> If someone wants to put this on their blog, I'll make sure to syndicate on
> gluster.org. Hint, hint... ;)-JM----- Original Message ----- On 03/25/2014
> 02:52 PM, André Bauer wrote: Am 25.03.2014 04:40, schrieb Lalatendu Mohanty:
> Yes, Gluster server and Samba server can be on different servers.
> Theoretically this should work. I think I have seen some mails/configuration
>  from community around it. In my test set-up, I had kept gluster and Samba
> on same server and haven't tried gluster and Samba on different servers till
> now.
>>  Thanks. I found the needed smb.con configuration option yesterday. Just
> wrote all together in the
> ppa:https://launchpad.net/~monotek/+archive/samba-vfs-glusterfs
>>
>>  Awesome! :) Thanks. Gluster-users mailing list Gluster-users <at>
> gluster.orghttp://supercolony.gluster.org/mailman/listinfo/gluster-users
>>

> I am getting below error message when trying to install
> samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7 on ubuntu 14.04.
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7
> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'samba-vfs-glusterfs-3.7'
>
> And because of above there is below entry in Samba log.
>
> Error loading module '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/glusterfs.so':
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/glusterfs.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>
> Kind regards,
> Mayur Patel
>
> Please help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
André Bauer

MAGIX Software GmbH
André Bauer
Administrator
August-Bebel-Straße 48
01219 Dresden
GERMANY

tel.: 0351 41884875
e-mail: abauer at magix.net
abauer at magix.net <mailto:Email>
www.magix.com <http://www.magix.com/>

Geschäftsführer | Managing Directors: Dr. Arnd Schröder, Michael Keith
Amtsgericht | Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205

Find us on:

<http://www.facebook.com/MAGIX> <http://www.twitter.com/magix_de>
<http://www.youtube.com/wwwmagixcom> <http://www.magixmagazin.de>
The information in this email is intended only for the addressee named
above. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and
may be unlawful. MAGIX does not warrant that any attachments are free
from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses
resulting from infected email transmissions. Please note that any
views expressed in this email may be those of the originator and do
not necessarily represent the agenda of the company.