[Gluster-users] Noob glusterfs question re bricks on shared storage

John Casu jcasu at penguincomputing.com
Mon Aug 10 21:48:50 UTC 2015

Hoping someone can help.

If I have a brick that was created on shared storage (dual-host jbod,
for example), and the node on which that brick was created/mounted goes
down, can I "transparently" mount the brick from another node and have
things behave the same (i.e glusterfs recognizes the brick as being the
same regardless of which nodes it joins the quorum)?

If so, what would I need to do to enable that behavior?

thanks,
-john c.