[Gluster-users] Very slow ls

Florian Oppermann gluster-users at flopwelt.de
Mon Aug 3 21:29:34 UTC 2015

> If starting setup right now, you should start with current version (3.7.X)

Is 3.7 stable? I have 60+ potential users and dont want to risk too
much. ;-)

> Filesystem

XFS partitions on all bricks

> network type (lan, VM...)

Gigabit LAN

> where is client (same lan?)

Yep

> MTU

1500

> storage (raid, # of disks...)

The bricks are all on separate servers. On each is a XFS partition on a
single HDD (together with other partitions for system etc.). All in all
there are currently seven machines involved.

I just noticed that on all servers the
/var/log/glusterfs/etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log is full of messages like

> [2015-08-03 21:24:59.879820] W [socket.c:620:__socket_rwv] 0-management: readv on /var/run/a91fc43b47272ffaace2a6989e7b5e85.socket failed (Invalid argument)

I assume this to be part of the problem…

Regards :-)
Florian