[Gluster-users] Very slow ls

Florian Oppermann gluster-users at flopwelt.de
Mon Aug 3 19:44:50 UTC 2015

Dear Gluster users,

after setting up a distributed replicated volume (3x2 bricks) on gluster
3.6.4 on Ubuntu systems and populating it with some data (about 150 GB
in 20k files) I experience extreme delay when navigating through
directories or trying to ls the contents (actually the process seems to
hang completely now until I kill the /usr/sbin/glusterfs process on the
mounting machine).

Is there some common misconfiguration or any performance tuning option
that I could try?

I mount via automount with fstype=glusterfs option (using the native
fuse mount).

Any tips?

Best regards,
Florian Oppermann