[Gluster-users] mount.glusterfs / fstab specify multiple bricks?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:13:48 UTC 2015

So, on a gluster brick, I have:

> localhost:/bareos               /mnt/bareos                     glusterfs
      auto,rw 0 0

in fstab. It makes sense here to use 'localhost' as the volume server,
since if the brick is down, well, I wouldn't expect the fuse mount to be
attempted, either.

Normally, I like to use libgfapi where I can, but now I'm faced with having
to use FUSE on a gluster consumer as a workaround, since libgfapi is broken
in my libgfapi+bareos use case right now. I don't like only being able to
specify a single brick for the FUSE translator to connect to; I have
multiple bricks, I'd like it to be able to continue to limp along if the
first brick is down.

Is there a way to specify multiple bricks for the FUSE translator to try to
connect to?

I realize I could try NFS and ganesha, but I haven't used that yet, and I
don't want to introduce a new part when I'm already dealing in
workarounds...