[Gluster-users] Feedback and future plans for glusterfsiostat

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Sep 4 06:50:00 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014, at 7:18 AM, Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2014, at 06:25, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:
>
>>> io-stats maintains statistics of a few operations performed on file
>>> along with the fd/inode. For directories, I don't see much statistics collected.
>>> One big gap in io-stats is that there is no interface to peek at a small subset
>>> of the entire statistics collected.
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea to fix somehow. :)
>
> Would it not be easier/better to pump data into something like influxdb, then graph it in something like http://grafana.org instead of building it as a standalone tool, since it's unlikely you want it in isolation, and would avoid a certain amount of wheel-reinventing.

Thanks for that link Marcus.  Hadn't come across InfluxDB nor Grafana
before.  Grafana looks a lot like Kibana (visually), which is a plus.

Kind of wondering if they might be a better backend for GlusterFlow
(instead of ElasticSearch + Kibana), if I ever get around to working
on that again. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--