[Gluster-users] Feedback and future plans for glusterfsiostat

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 06:18:38 UTC 2014

On 4 Sep 2014, at 06:25, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:

>> io-stats maintains statistics of a few operations performed on file
>> along with the fd/inode. For directories, I don't see much statistics collected.
>> One big gap in io-stats is that there is no interface to peek at a small subset
>> of the entire statistics collected.
>
> Sounds like a good idea to fix somehow. :)

Would it not be easier/better to pump data into something like influxdb, then graph it in something like http://grafana.org instead of building it as a standalone tool, since it's unlikely you want it in isolation, and would avoid a certain amount of wheel-reinventing.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Technical Director, Synchromedia Limited

Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
UK 1CRM solutions http://www.syniah.com/
marcus at synchromedia.co.uk | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/