[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Please test GlusterFS 3.6.0 beta3 on OSX!

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Thu Oct 23 19:33:09 UTC 2014

> I'm trying to build on my shiny new Yosemite machine...  `brew install
> osxfuse` tells me:
>
>   osxfuse: OS X Mavericks or older is required for this package
>   OS X Yosemit introduced a strict unsigned kext ban which breaks this
> package.
>   You should remove this packager from you system and attemnpt to find
> upstream binaries to use instead.
>   Error: An unsatisfied required failed this build.

No error messages for me,
~~~~
$ brew info osxfuse
osxfuse: stable 2.7.1, HEAD
http://osxfuse.github.io
Conflicts with: fuse4x
/usr/local/Cellar/osxfuse/2.7.1 (84 files, 5.2M) *
  Built from source
From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/osxfuse.rb
==> Dependencies
Build: autoconf ✔, automake ✔, libtool ✔, gettext ✔
==> Caveats
If upgrading from a previous version of osxfuse, the previous kernel extension
will need to be unloaded before installing the new version. First, check that
no FUSE-based file systems are running:

  mount -t osxfusefs

Unmount all FUSE file systems and then unload the kernel extension:

  sudo kextunload -b com.github.osxfuse.filesystems.osxfusefs

The new osxfuse file system bundle needs to be installed by the root user:

  sudo /bin/cp -RfX
/usr/local/opt/osxfuse/Library/Filesystems/osxfusefs.fs
/Library/Filesystems/
  sudo chmod +s /Library/Filesystems/osxfusefs.fs/Support/load_osxfusefs
~~~~

But i did a 'brew update' just to be sure and now i see your messages.
Looks like the best way to get around this is to install from -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxfuse/files/osxfuse-2.7.2/osxfuse-2.7.2.dmg/download

That way you get signed binaries and avoid this message.

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes