[Gluster-users] Split-brain seen with [0 0] pending matrix and io-cache page errors

Anirban Ghoshal chalcogen_eg_oxygen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 12:35:17 UTC 2014

I see. Thanks a tonne for the thorough explanation! :) I can see that our setup would be vulnerable here because the logger on one server is not generally aware of the state of the replica on the other server. So, it is possible that the log files may have been renamed before heal had a chance to kick in.

Could I also request you for the bug ID (should there be one) against which you are coding up the fix, so that we could get a notification once it is passed?

Also, as an aside, is O_DIRECT supposed to prevent this from occurring if one were to make allowance for the performance hit?

Thanks again,
Anirban