[Gluster-users] NFS not start on localhost

Anirban Ghoshal chalcogen_eg_oxygen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 22:43:40 UTC 2014

It happens with me sometimes. Try `tail -n 20 /var/log/glusterfs/nfs.log`. You will probably find something out that will help your cause. In general, if you just wish to start the thing up without going into the why of it, try `gluster volume set engine nfs.disable on` followed by `gluster volume set engine nfs.disable off`. It does the trick quite often for me because it is a polite way to askmgmt/glusterd to try and respawn the nfs server process if need be. But, keep in mind that this will call a (albeit small) service interruption to all clients accessing volume engine over nfs.

Thanks,
Anirban