[Gluster-users] Unavailability during self-heal for large volumes

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri May 30 06:31:25 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Laurent,
   This has been improved significantly in afr-v2 (enhanced version of replication translator in gluster) which will be released with 3.6 I believe. The issue happens because of the directory self-heal in the older versions. In the new version per file healing in a directory is performed instead of Full directory heal at-once which was creating a lot of traffic. Unfortunately This is too big a change to backport to older releases :-(.

Pranith