[Gluster-users] Possible to pre-sync data before geo-rep?

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Tue May 27 13:07:34 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've set up geo-rep under 3.5 over a slow link. There are 75GB of data
and I already have it present on the slave. The data has been fully
synced with rsync beforehand but gluster still seems to insist on fully
resyncing everything. I left it overnight and it's still chewing up all
our bandwidth in hybrid crawl mode. Is there any way to tell it that
the slave is already up to date? I know it probably has to generate
some metadata but does that really mean all the data has to be resent?

Regards,
James