[Gluster-users] Possible to pre-sync data before geo-rep?

Venky Shankar yknev.shankar at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:39:38 UTC 2014

There are couple of things here:

1. With 3.5, geo-replication would also take care to maintain the GFIDs of
files to be in sync. Syncing data using rsync this way would haves mangled
the GFIDs. This is very much similar to an upgrade scenario to 3.5 where
data synced by geo-rep pre 3.5 would not have the GFIDs in sync. So, you
would need to follow the upgrade steps here[1].

2. Regarding geo-rep replicating already replicated data, as of now there
is no *easy *way to _tell_ gsyncd to skip hybrid crawl and start processing
live changes (a.k.a. *changelog* mode). Maybe we could generate the
metadata but not replicate anything, but then, if we're fully sure data is
in sync after a session restart.

[1]:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.5/doc/upgrade/geo-rep-upgrade-steps.md

Thanks,