[Gluster-users] False notifications

Miloš Kozák milos.kozak at lejmr.com
Wed May 14 02:12:16 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am running a field trial of Gluster 3.5 on two servers. These two
server use one 10k HDD each with XFS as a brick. On top of these bricks
I have one replica 2 volume:

[root at nodef01i ~]# gluster volume info ph-fs-0

Volume Name: ph-fs-0
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 5085e018-7c47-4d4f-8dcb-cd89ec240393
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.11.100.1:/gfs/s3-sata-10k/brick
Brick2: 10.11.100.2:/gfs/s3-sata-10k/brick
Options Reconfigured:
performance.io-thread-count: 12
network.ping-timeout: 2
performance.cache-max-file-size: 0
performance.flush-behind: on

Additionally I am running nagios to monitor everything where I use
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/System-Metrics/File-System/GlusterFS-checks/details.
I improved it slightly such that I monitor number of split-brain files
and all this information go to the performance data, therefore I can
draw pictures out of it (these pictures are in attachement).

My problem is that I am receiving quite a lot of false warning from
nagios during a day because there are some unsync files (gluster volume
heal XXX info). I dont know if it is a bug or it is cause by my
configuration. Either way it is quite disturbing and I am afraid that
after receiving a lot false warning I could just omit an important one..

network.ping-timeout is set to 2, because I can not allow VM servers to
hang for 2x42sec when other node is rebooted (we have some kind of
reboot policy)..

Thanks for help,
Milos