[Gluster-users] What does N/A mean in the port column for status

Brad Hubbard bhubbard at redhat.com
Tue May 13 22:39:26 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 04:22 PM, Franco Broi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had to restart some of my servers to do hardware maintenance and
> although the volume came back ok and all the clients can see all the
> data, when I do a gluster vol status I see the following for all the
> bricks on one of the servers.
>
> Brick nas2-10g:/data6/gvol	N/A	Y	3721
>
> I've tried restarting glusterd daemons on all servers but to no avail.
>
> So what exactly does the N/A mean? Does it mean that Gluster is not
> working because all seems fine from the client end. Can I leave it like
> this or is there something I can do to fix it without taking the volume
> offline?

I noticed this recently on one of my peers and the following on the peer
in question resolved it.

# service glusterd stop
# pkill glusterfs
# service glusterd start

Obviously, this will take this peer and any bricks it owns off-line so
be aware of the implications if the bricks in question have no
redundancy (distribute only).

HTH.