[Gluster-users] GlusterFS cluster of 2 nodes is disconnected after nodes reboot

Артём Конвалюк artret at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:14:36 UTC 2014

Hello!

I have 2 nodes with GlusterFS 3.4.2. I created one replica volume using 2
bricks and enabled glusterd autostarts. Also firewall is configured and I
have to run "iptables -F" on nodes after reboot. It is clear that firewall
should be disabled in LAN, but I'm interested in my case.

Problem: When I reboot both nodes and run "iptables -F" peer status is
still disconnected. I wonder why. After "service glusterd restart" peer
status is connected. But I have to run "gluster volume heal <volume-name>"
to make both servers consistent and be able to replicate files. Is there
any way to eliminate this problem?

I read about server-quorum, but it needs 3 or more nodes. Am I right?

Best Regards,
Artem Konvalyuk