[Gluster-users] gluster 3.4.1 for CentOS 6.4 cannot migrate data correctly

Zhu, Shan Shan.zhu at ccur.com
Tue Mar 25 13:50:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I found this issue but don't have any information about it.

Gluster 3.4.1 for CentOS 6.4 has problem of migrating data when using "remove-brick". It doesn't migrate data correctly. When I have two subdirectories under each brick, running "remove-brick" with "start" migrates one subdirectory content from each of two bricks.

For example, if I have subdirectories "g1" and "g2" under Bricks 1, 2 and 3, running "remove-brick" with "start" for Brick3 will migrate data from Brick2's "g1" and Brick3's "g2". I don't find the reason why or how it picks those subdirectories.

Tested on two CentOS 6.4 servers, it worked exactly the same.

Gluster 3.4.2 for CentOS 6.4, or 3.4.1 for RHEL 5 do not have the same problem.

I wonder if upgrading 3.4.1 to 3.4.2 on the CentOS 6.4 system would fix the problem, if it actually comes from the attributes which are created by 3.4.1.

Any clue?

Shan Zhu