[Gluster-users] Fixing heal / split-brain when the entry is a directory

Shawn Heisey gluster at elyograg.org
Wed Mar 5 09:22:14 UTC 2014

> From my short Gluster experience I noticed that during fix-layout when
> adding new bricks, re-creates the directories on the new bricks. Could
> yo maybe try to fix-layout, possibly after, you change the trusted
> xattrs? Or try some combinatinos of that..
>
> also I assume you do
> gluster vol heal <VOL> full

There are dozens of millions of files taking up about 60TB of space. A
heal full would take days, maybe weeks. Half of my bricks are at 95
percent capacity. I need to get the rebalance going again as soon as
possible ... We had a near-catastrophic rebalance failure in November on
3.3.1, upgraded a few days ago, and tried again. These heal troubles are
the result.

Thanks,
Shawn