[Gluster-users] Gluster-3.5.0 Refusing to connect over ipv6

Sjon Hortensius sjonhortensius at parse.nl
Thu Jun 5 15:20:25 UTC 2014

After a bit of a struggle to get glusterfsd to listen to ipv6; I am now
having problems trying to get the servers to 'peer probe' each other.

I have tried peer probe on a ipv6-only hostname and an ipv6 address; but
there doesn't seem to be any progress.

common-utils.c:248:gf_resolve_ip6 always returns ipv4 addresses for
hostnames while passing an ipv6 address results in "getaddrinfo failed
(Address family for hostname not supported)"

I suspect this is caused by rpc_transport_inet_options_build which does
"dict_set_str (dict, "transport.address-family", "inet");"; which I think
should be "inet/inet6"

Can anybody confirm or deny this? Might there be a way to override this
from the configuration? If any further information is useful I'll be happy
to supply it.

Thanks,

Sjon Hortensius