[Gluster-users] Remove Replica Pair issue.

Sachidananda Urs surs at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 14:44:12 UTC 2014

Hey Rob,

On 07/14/2014 07:59 PM, Robert Moss wrote:

> /Gluster Gurus,/
>
> //
>
> /I am having an issue removing a gluster replica pair. I have tried
> numerous different iterations of the command and get back 'Incorrect
> brick tx4-gluster1-10:/brick10 for volume gv0'/
>
> /Here is the output of "gluster volume info":/
>
> Volume Name: gv0
>
> Type: Distributed-Replicate
>
> Volume ID: 176c0a15-c107-4bdc-9b00-df7e5c841374

> Number of Bricks: 10 x 2 = 20
>
> Transport-type: tcp
>
> Bricks:
>
> Brick1: tx4-gluster1-1:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick2: tx4-gluster1-2:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick3: tx4-gluster1-3:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick4: tx4-gluster1-4:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick5: tx4-gluster1-5:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick6: tx4-gluster1-6:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick7: tx4-gluster1-7:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick8: tx4-gluster1-8:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick9: tx4-gluster1-9:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick10: tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1/brick
>
> Brick11: tx4-gluster1-1:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick12: tx4-gluster1-2:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick13: tx4-gluster1-3:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick14: tx4-gluster1-4:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick15: tx4-gluster1-5:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick16: tx4-gluster1-6:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick17: tx4-gluster1-7:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick18: tx4-gluster1-8:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick19: tx4-gluster1-9:/brick2/brick
>
> Brick20: tx4-gluster1-10:/brick2/brick
>
> Options Reconfigured:
>
> nfs.disable: off
>
> /I would like to remove gluster1-10 from the gluster cluster./
>
> /Here is my command:/
>
> gluster volume remove-brick gv0 replica 2 tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1
> tx4-gluster1-10:/brick2 force

You are getting the command wrong here. You can remove the replica
pairs, in your case the pairs are:

Brick9: tx4-gluster1-9:/brick1/brick

Brick10: tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1/brick

And your command would be:

gluster volume remove-brick gv0 replica 2 tx4-gluster1-9:/brick1/brick
tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1/brick

And if I understand correctly you want to remove the host gluster1-10
from the cluster which is part of two replica pairs. So you will end up
removing two replica pairs if you want to remove gluster1-10 from the
cluster.

-sac