[Gluster-users] Remove Replica Pair issue.

Robert Moss Robert.Moss at GlobalGeophysical.com
Mon Jul 14 14:29:17 UTC 2014

Gluster Gurus,

I am having an issue removing a gluster replica pair. I have tried numerous different iterations of the command and get back 'Incorrect brick tx4-gluster1-10:/brick10 for volume gv0'
Here is the output of "gluster volume info":

Volume Name: gv0
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 176c0a15-c107-4bdc-9b00-df7e5c841374
Number of Bricks: 10 x 2 = 20
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: tx4-gluster1-1:/brick1/brick
Brick2: tx4-gluster1-2:/brick1/brick
Brick3: tx4-gluster1-3:/brick1/brick
Brick4: tx4-gluster1-4:/brick1/brick
Brick5: tx4-gluster1-5:/brick1/brick
Brick6: tx4-gluster1-6:/brick1/brick
Brick7: tx4-gluster1-7:/brick1/brick
Brick8: tx4-gluster1-8:/brick1/brick
Brick9: tx4-gluster1-9:/brick1/brick
Brick10: tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1/brick
Brick11: tx4-gluster1-1:/brick2/brick
Brick12: tx4-gluster1-2:/brick2/brick
Brick13: tx4-gluster1-3:/brick2/brick
Brick14: tx4-gluster1-4:/brick2/brick
Brick15: tx4-gluster1-5:/brick2/brick
Brick16: tx4-gluster1-6:/brick2/brick
Brick17: tx4-gluster1-7:/brick2/brick
Brick18: tx4-gluster1-8:/brick2/brick
Brick19: tx4-gluster1-9:/brick2/brick
Brick20: tx4-gluster1-10:/brick2/brick
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.disable: off

I would like to remove gluster1-10 from the gluster cluster.
Here is my command:

gluster volume remove-brick gv0 replica 2 tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1 tx4-gluster1-10:/brick2 force

Here is the result:
volume remove-brick commit force: failed: Incorrect brick tx4-gluster1-10:/brick1 for volume gv0

I have tried a number of iterations here, using different names and trying tx4-gluster1-10 and 1-9 bricks. Nothing has worked so far.
This is a test setup so we don't care about data, we just need to learn.
We will probably not put the node back in after removal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Rob Moss