[Gluster-users] FreeBSD + NFS

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Tue Jul 1 06:39:26 UTC 2014

> 1) Is-it OK to build my storage on top of Ubuntu server?

There are no known limitations of using Ubuntu Server IMHO.

> 2) Is there any flusterfs driver for FreeBSD? I understood that there is
> none so far?

There is an experimental version available to test out - this is fully
GlusterFS for FreeBSD

http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/experimental/glusterfs-freebsd_20140629.tar.bz2

BTW what is flusterfs?

> 3) I need an NFS server with more detailed configuration options than
> what is offered by the NFS server included in Gluster. is that OK to
> disable it and run a stock NFS server? What feature will I loose in
> doing so?

What features are missing ? would you mind opening up a bug -->
bugzilla.redhat.com ?

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes