[Gluster-users] FreeBSD + NFS

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Jul 1 06:02:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am looking at using Gluster to build a multi-purposes network storage
for my lab, it should serve VMware, FreBSD, Linux systems (the Samba
part, I am not ready to port it to a Gulster machine yet, too much local
configuration to port).

1) Is-it OK to build my storage on top of Ubuntu server?

2) Is there any flusterfs driver for FreeBSD? I understood that there is
none so far?

3) I need an NFS server with more detailed configuration options than
what is offered by the NFS server included in Gluster. is that OK to
disable it and run a stock NFS server? What feature will I loose in
doing so?

TIA,

Olivier