[Gluster-users] GlusterFS share authentication?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Thu Jan 23 15:52:52 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 10:47 PM, Dan Mons wrote:
> Others have made comments about separate networks, and that would
> probably be your best bet.  Gluster does technically listen on all
> interfaces, but with appropriate physical networking setup (completely
> separate network ranges on physically separate interfaces or VLANs)
> you could circumvent security issues there.

In my use case, you're right:
The error on my side was to assume that "in order to be able to access
the gluster storage, one must be able to reach it on the network".
I can restrict glusterfs to a certain NIC/VLAN and only connect the NIC
with the Samba share to the LAN.

Thanks to all of you for all your suggestions!
:)

Regards,
Pb