[Gluster-users] centos-gluster variant/spin, a potential?

John Mark Walker johnmark at gluster.org
Wed Jan 8 18:07:59 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> Someone in CentOS devel list is interested to rebuild Red Hat Storage.

> That shows people are interested to have a community based Gluster platform
> system :)

> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-January/009335.html

> What's next?

Most likely - Gluster devs and users will work with their devs and see that it happens. Like I said, we've already been in discussions to make our most recent releases immediately available to CentOS repos. That will happen soon - I'll be able to state with more certainty when that will be "Real Soon Now".

> Is there any repo hosted by Gluster community for CentOS/Red Hat apart from
> the one hosted by EPEL/Fedora?

Yes, every release we make includes CentOS/*EL packages - gluster.org/download

The intended goal is to make all the features available to CentOS users - who currently don't have the minimum QEMU, for example, to take advantage of the QEMU-GFAPI integration.

-JM