[Gluster-users] centos-gluster variant/spin, a potential?

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan sharuzzaman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:17:06 UTC 2014

Someone in CentOS devel list is interested to rebuild Red Hat Storage.

That shows people are interested to have a community based Gluster platform
system :)

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-January/009335.html

What's next?

Is there any repo hosted by Gluster community for CentOS/Red Hat apart from
the one hosted by EPEL/Fedora?

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM, John Mark Walker <johnmark at gluster.org>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Gluster is for everyone and all distributions. That said, I had been
> discussing doing something like this with Centos folks long before the Red
> Hat - Centos deal was in process. I'm in favor of it, and I expect the
> centos people to start working on it - in fact, they already had been. To
> the extent that centos users in the Gluster  community want to see it
> happen, I'm in favor of it.
>
> More broadly speaking, I'm in favor of anything that expands the Gluster
> Community and gets our newer releases into the distributions more quickly
> (yes, I'm looking at you, Debian and Ubuntu).
>
> This also touches on something I've been wanting to do for a long time -
> ISOs/containers/VMs of "live" ready to boot Gluster-based distributions.
> We've never had the resources to do it, but I'd be willing to help out
> anyone who wants to take that on.
>
> -JM
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Hi all,
>
> With the recent news that CentOS and Red Hat is joining forces, there is
> new idea from the CentOS team that variants are encouraged. See
> http://centos.org/variants/
>
> So, I'm thinking about having a CentOS-Gluster variant, akin to the
> community edition of Red Hat Storage.
>
> This would help better integrate and test Gluster within CentOS, and
> hopefully can contribute the improvement back to Fedora/RHEL, and also
> provide a supported platform that consumer can rely on.
>
> Ideas/suggestion?
>
> --
> Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan