[Gluster-users] centos-gluster variant/spin, a potential?

John Mark Walker johnmark at gluster.org
Wed Jan 8 14:13:34 UTC 2014

Hi there,

Gluster is for everyone and all distributions. That said, I had been discussing doing something like this with Centos folks long before the Red Hat - Centos deal was in process. I'm in favor of it, and I expect the centos people to start working on it - in fact, they already had been. To the extent that centos users in the Gluster community want to see it happen, I'm in favor of it.

More broadly speaking, I'm in favor of anything that expands the Gluster Community and gets our newer releases into the distributions more quickly (yes, I'm looking at you, Debian and Ubuntu).

This also touches on something I've been wanting to do for a long time - ISOs/containers/VMs of "live" ready to boot Gluster-based distributions. We've never had the resources to do it, but I'd be willing to help out anyone who wants to take that on.

-JM