[Gluster-users] glusterfs and glusterfsd process utilization extremely high

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 03:51:02 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hello,

First of all, do the logs suggest anything useful?

Could you perform the following steps while the I/O is going on (this is assuming the nodes are not thrashed to the extent that it is impossible to execute these commands):

1) On the shell, on one of the nodes in the cluster, execute `gluster volume profile <volname> start`
Wait for a minute or two. And then execute `gluster volume profile <volname> info` and collect its output.
Wait for another minute or so. And execute `gluster volume profile <volname> info` and collect its output too, and share them?
You can stop the profiling once you are done using `gluster volume profile <volname> stop`.
2) Assuming it is the brick processes (glusterfsd) that are showing high CPU utilisation, is it possible to get the core of the processes when this is happening?

-Krutika