[Gluster-users] bug with LC_NUMERIC variable different from en_US.UTF8

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 14:16:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:21:28PM +0100, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that following this topic :
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/1825
> a serious bug related to a non en_US.utf8 language has been found with
> gluster 3.6.1
> I've upgraded from 3.5 to the latest 3.6.1 in a production environnment, and
> all my mountage points were broke down. My regional environnment is
> fr_FR.utf8 and after exporting the LC_NUMERIC in my .bashrc, I managed to
> mount my glusterfs bricks as a workaround
> Naturally, I can't mount anymore any volume on boot in a regular fstab file.
> Can anyboby maintening the gluster 3.6 branch confirm that this bug will be
> patched as soon as possible?

The patch has been merged in the release-3.6 branch already. When the
next stable 3.6 version gets out, it should be fixed.

See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1157107 for more details, or add
yourself to the CC list of that bug (just hit the save button on the
bug after logging in) and get informed when a (pre)release is made
available.

Cheers,
Niels