[Gluster-users] how do you know which client picks which storage hosts to write to?

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Fri Dec 5 23:41:57 UTC 2014

Community,

I am running glusterfs3.4.2-1 and I would like to understand deeper about
how the fuse-client decides who is the first to response, and what tuning
can be done to disconnect the fuser-client to the storage that is taking
the longest to respond?

I have an 8 node distri-rep. setup of 300G in a 2x4 setup.

gluster volume info prodstatic

Volume Name: prodstatic
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 187c241d-0eeb-4405-80f2-c704ea44bc36
Number of Bricks: 2 x 4 = 8
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: omhq1140:/export/content/static
Brick2: omdx1c5d:/export/content/static
Brick3: omhq11ad:/export/content/static
Brick4: omdx1781:/export/content/static
Brick5: omhq1c56:/export/content/static
Brick6: omdx1c58:/export/content/static
Brick7: omhq1c57:/export/content/static
Brick8: omdx1c59:/export/content/static
Options Reconfigured:
server.statedump-path: /debug
features.quota: on
server.allow-insecure: on
network.ping-timeout: 10

will the fuse-client "prefer" any a node that or set of nodes to get its
files over another?

Khoi Mai

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**