[Gluster-users] Gluster Best Practices

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Aug 11 13:59:09 UTC 2014

The proper way to engineer your system would be to identify the performance of your most expensive processes and design a system to allow those to perform in a way that is in line with your expectations.

If you're properly engineering a system, you should know what your performance expectations are before you begin testing to see if you met them.

Also be wary of comparing apples to orchards. Picking a basket of apples to feed 20 people may be the fastest and most efficient way to feed them, but when you have 2000, it's better to just send them in to the orchard to pick their own.  Sure, each individuals performance will be degraded, but the overall task is vastly more performant.