[Gluster-users] Scaling for repository purposes

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 21 20:12:15 UTC 2014

Peter Milanese wrote:
> Greeting-
>
>  I'm relatively new to the Gluster community, and would like to
> investigate Gluster as a solution to augment our current storage
> systems. My use of Gluster has been limited to nitch use cases. Is
> there anybody in the Library/Digital Repository space that has
> implemented this for mass storage (multi-petabyte). I'd be interested
> in having a discussion via email if that's ok.

I attended a gluster meeting and there was someone who was into Digital
Archiving and using gluster for that. The following is a copy of part of
the email with slides from those talks. I think it was one of the last
two but the others might be interesting too.

---

*Presentations during the Gluster Community Seminar*

*The State of the Gluster Community
<http://www.artdcom.com/redhat/StateoftheGluster.pdf>*
/John Mark Walker, Gluster Community Leader, Red Hat/*

*GlusterFS for SysAdmins
<http://people.redhat.com/ndevos/talks/gluster_for_sysadmins-amsterdam-20140304.pdf>*
*/Niels de Vos, Senior Software Maintenance Engineer, Red Hat/

*Network PVR for real-time broadcast TV to 1 mln subscribers homes,